Grants and Collaborations
At present most of our grants are from BEACON and WISE Network projects.
Our collaborations include:
- Dr Godfred Darko, Kwame Nkruma University of Science and Technology, Ghana on natural products and analytical chemistry
- Prof Jörg Feldmann, University of Aberdeen, TESLA group on the analysis of Rare Earth Elements (REEs) in geological samples
- Dr Rainer Ebel, University of Aberdeen, UK on determination of accurate mass of natural products
- Dr Dianne Irwin, Syngenta, UK for anti-fungal, herbicidal and insecticidal screening of pure compounds
- Prof Mark Berry, Unilever for anti-diabetic screening of pure compounds
- Prof Martin Michaelis, University of Kent, UK for anti-cancer screening of pure compounds
- Prof Steve Kelly, Swansea University, UK for the development of an analytical method to quantify unusual fatty acids in biological media
- Prof Dianne Kelly, Swansea University, UK for the structural confirmation of dityrosine
- Prof Luis Mur and Dr Ifat Parveen, Aberystwyth University, UK on natural products chemistry
We are also working with Syngenta for biological activity screening of isolated compounds since January 2013.